I started an initiative called Project Am I Right.
Project Am I Right seeks to end the whitewashing of roles written for people of color, people with disabilities, and transgender people by asking cis/non-disabled/white actors to pass on the role. You can check out my writings on the subject at www.projectamiright.com or follow us on Facebook or Twitter. I'll even mail you cool mirrored business cards for free if you want to help spread the word!
Press coverage for Project Am I Right:
• "The Whitelist Cabaret Is About To Flip The Script"
• "Last Year's Evita Casting Controversy Inspires Project Am I Right"
• "High Flying, Adored? When Evita Gets Whitewashed"
• "Casting Controversy Surrounds North Shore Music Theatre's Evita"
• "Group Protests Lack Of Latinx Actors In Theater's Evita"
• "North Shore Exec Responds to Evita Whitewashing Accusations"
Tweets by @ProjectAmIRight